Business owners, entrepreneurs, and all other types of individuals involved in the world of business are likely to have heard of the term “business law” but may not always have a clear idea of what exactly it means. That is because business law is such a wide legal field that includes many different sectors.
Some of the most prominent areas of business law — and those in which it would serve you best to have a qualified attorney supporting you — include business formation, employment law, bankruptcy, tax law, collections, real estate law, and contract law. At its heart, business law is what determines the relationship between people/companies and commercial matters.
But you don’t want just any law firm handling your business law-related situation. Trust in the dependable, experienced, and ethical team of The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, to provide unique solutions and outstanding results. Our team is more than capable of handling the areas previously mentioned and many others as well.
If you are in the process of — or simply considering — starting a business but you aren’t quite sure exactly how to go about establishing your new company, then let the business law attorneys of The Cromeens Law Firm help you develop a strong business structure. We will skillfully guide you through the formation process, helping you to best understand your options, informing you of the risks and benefits of each entity, and help you to make the decisions that will best serve your purpose.
Our Texas business law attorneys can:
- Help you understand the various business organization forms available to you.
- Walk you step-by-step through the process of filing the right documentation to properly form your business. Or if you prefer, we can do it all for you.
- Help you determine the exact terms of any formation agreements for partners and/or members.
- Make sure you understand the tax implications for the business entity you choose to form, make sure the tax structure you choose is in your best interest, and ensure that it is properly documented for the IRS.
- Ensure that your business is in compliance with state rules and regulations for licensing and naming.
If you are a new business owner, you’ll likely have plenty of important questions. Our experienced business formation attorneys can provide the key guidance you need during the initial start-up period, which is pivotal for success.
To accommodate all of our client’s needs, we offer a combination of both flat-rate pricing and the traditional general retainer. If you are just starting out, we offer business formation packages at a flat rate.
For business law, we offer both incorporation services and employee handbook creation at flat rates.
- Incorporation – $1,500
- Creation of Employee Handbook – $3,200
Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions can be complicated matters with plenty that can go wrong if you aren’t being careful about the actions you are taking. The consequences of a merger and acquisition done ineffectively can come back to haunt you down the road.
Thankfully, our Texas business law attorneys can provide dependable guidance in the drafting of the contract, negotiations process, and the performance of said contract.
If you are interested in purchasing an existing business, The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, can help you understand the legal risks and benefits to the acquisition while providing support with:
- Identifying your objectives.
- Helping you to understand any potential legal issues.
- Providing meaningful guidance when negotiating the terms of the sale.
- Identifying the tax implications of your merger and acquisition.
- Understanding the rights and limitations of your purchase.
- Drafting and/or revising of any existing or new agreements to legally bind the transaction.
At The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, we work diligently to make sure that the transaction is seamlessly completed and that you have gotten a fair deal in the process. We look out for your best interests at all times.
There’s plenty that goes into running a successful business and the answers to questions you may have aren’t always easy to come by. If you already own a business but are in need of additional assistance to continue expanding, our Texas business management attorneys can assist you with:
- Strategic planning to ensure optimized operations.
- Drafting and/or revising employment documentation.
- Drafting and/or revising supplier, vendor, and real estate contracts.
- Risk analysis to limit exposure to lawsuits.
- Establishing office practices to maximize profit and protect your business interests.
- Collection of past-due debts.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal laws regulating employment and transactions.
At The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, we view our clients as more than just clients. We view ourselves as your partners invested in your success and we are dedicated to honoring the trust you have given to us.
Other Business Law Services The Cromeens Law Firm Provides
While the previous areas mentioned are undoubtedly important to form and maintain your business, find comfort in knowing that the Texas business law attorneys at The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, are also able to provide legal guidance in a number of other areas including:
- Bankruptcy: Having to go through a business bankruptcy can be a frustrating and emotional time. Don’t make it any harder on yourself by choosing the wrong attorney. Our team can help provide alternatives to bankruptcy (if applicable), or if need be, can help you properly fill out all forms and appropriately deal with creditors so that you don’t have to worry about additional expenses down the road.
- Collections: Our knowledgeable collections staff knows exactly what legal tools are at their disposal to make sure you paid for the services you faithfully provided. Our team members take each file as a personal challenge and are fully invested in helping you secure the compensation that is owed to you. Plus, you only pay us for the work we perform. If we collect your funds in one call, then your business is only charged for that single call.
- Employment Law: Employees and independent contractors are your business’ core. Making sure that you are meeting both Texas and federal laws regarding their rights and your obligations towards them is essential to keeping your company strong. Our attorneys can provide exceptional counseling with regards to employment practices and other areas surrounding employee law.
The attorneys at The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, have experience in handling a wide variety of business law matters. We provide results-driven representation and cost-effective counsel to businesses and other entities throughout the state of Texas.