We have your business covered!
Protect Your Employees, Protect Your Business
Employment laws were created to provide structure and regulations for both the employer and employees. As a construction employer, it is so important to take the time to ensure all employment policies, paperwork, and records are in order. It will save you both time and money later on. Here at The Cromeens Law Firm, we provide excellent assistance with all of your employment law needs. We have a team of construction employment law attorneys who are ready to take your call.
Employment Law Tailored Specifically for Your Construction Company
Trust Our Employment Law Attorneys
Employees and independent contractors are what makes your business what it is, but the relationships between your company and its construction workers are constantly changing and can have a large impact on your business. As a Texas construction company you are subject to both state and federal laws regarding your rights and obligations with regard to the individuals who work for you.
At The Cromeens Law Firm, we believe in being proactive and doing everything we can to prevent a costly employee dispute or lawsuit from ever happening. Our lawyers can assist in proactively reviewing your employment practices and give advice regarding the implementation that is specifically tailored to protect your individual construction business. Common employment practices that we advise on are:
- Drafting and implementing an employee handbook and company policies
- Enforcing and training on an anti-discrimination policy
- Auditing and implementing proper pay and overtime practices
Some examples of important employment records that we can help you create and maintain are:
- Employee Handbook/Acknowledgement Page
- Progressive Discipline Policy, Discipline and Performance Review Forms
- Vacation/Sick Leave/PTO
- Confidentiality Agreement with Non-Solicitation and Non-Competition Provisions
- Attendance Record/Time Sheets
- FMLA Forms
- Independent Contractor Agreements
These records are important when issues arise with your employees. Best to call us before terminating or taking action against an employee to prevent any discrimination or wrongful termination claims in the future. Our Employment Lawyers at The Cromeens Law Firm will protect your business.
If litigation should arise, our experienced employment attorneys are prepared to handle the following types of cases and issues:
- Wrongful Termination, including Discrimination and Retaliation
- Workplace Safety & OSHA Defense (Link to OSHA page)
- Wage and Overtime Violations
- Family Leave and Medical Act (FMLA)
- Whistleblower Cases
- Workers’ Compensation
- Trade Secrets Violations/Interference with Business Contracts
Cost-Effective Employment Law Solutions
To accommodate all of our client’s needs, we offer a combination of flat-rate pricing, monthly subscription plans, and the traditional general retainer.
From our Employee Handbook Creation starting at a flat rate of $3,200 to Monthly Subscription Plans with unlimited employment law support, The Cromeens Law Firm has a payment option that will work for you.