Owner & Managing Partner
Published author, devoted leader and seasoned managing partner, Karalynn Cromeens has paved the way for her team of strong, talented, and committed individuals. She has firsthand knowledge of the construction industry and understands the different obstacles that contractors face on a daily basis. Karalynn is passionate about protecting the businesses her clients have built and being a lifelong partner in their company’s success.
Karalynn Cromeens is the Owner and Managing Partner for The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, Karalynn holds more than 16 years of experience practicing construction, real estate, and business law. Karalynn graduated with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in criminal justice from Carroll College, before attending the South Texas College of Law, where she received her Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree in 2004. Thereafter, Karalynn was employed at the Law Office of J. Tomkins as an associate attorney. Within her professional career, Karalynn has successfully filed more than a thousand lawsuits to foreclose or remove mechanic’s liens, with several of those being tried to a jury. As the founder of the firm, Karalynn has grown The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, at a tremendous rate and serves as a mentor to several employees. With her extensive experience within the construction and real estate industries, Karalynn goes the extra mile, providing her clients with innovative legal strategies and services necessary to protect their rights. Karalynn is on a mission to educate and inform subcontractors on the importance of understanding what they are signing and how to negotiate a fair subcontract. This mission was the driving force behind her book, Quit Getting Screwed, Understanding and Negotiating the Subcontract, and the creation of The Subcontractor Institute.
“I recognize that your company is a living breathing part of you and all of its creators. Your company’s creation and success are built from thousands of hours of dedication and time away from those you love and it deserves to be protected. At the Cromeens Law Firm, our true purpose is to protect and defend all that you have worked hard for and be your partner in business.”
– Karalynn Cromeens
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Collected millions of dollars for subcontractors and material suppliers before and through litigation.
- Filed more than a thousand lawsuits to foreclose or remove mechanic’s liens, with several of those being tried to a jury.
- Defended hundreds of subcontractors when they have been sued on their subcontract.
- Reviewed numerous subcontracts, and advised subcontractors on changes and negotiated better terms on their behalf.
- Managed to build a thriving, growing, and diverse firm that is focused on the subcontractor and construction litigation from the ground up.
Education and Bar Admissions:
South Texas College of Law Houston
J.D. – 2004
Carroll College, Waukesha, Wisconsin
B.S. – 2001
- Texas, 2004
- S. District Court Southern District of Texas
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Houstonian Magazine – 2016 Top Lawyer Award for Construction Law
Published Works & Educational Content:
- Published Author – Quit Getting Screwed, Understanding and Negotiating the Subcontract
- Contributor, O’Connor’s – Texas Property Code Plus, 2006 – 2009
- Author and Contributor, American Subcontractors Association, 2010 – 2011
- Navigating the Complex and Confusing Lien Waivers Process
- Daily reports
- Payment Applications
- Payment Terms Webinar with Levelset – 7/1/2020
- Payment Terms – What’s in your Construction Contract – 3/5/2020
- Investing in Real Estate with Strati Ventures – 2/29/2020
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- Texas State Bar Association, Construction Section
- Texas State Bar Association, Solo Practitioners Section
- Houston Bar Association, Construction Section
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- Blue Book Network
- Coating Society of Houston
- Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio
- Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- Texas Association of Builders
You May Not Know:
Karalynn’s husband owns a material supply company, providing Karalynn first-hand knowledge of the construction industry and the different obstacles that Subcontractors and Material Suppliers face. When Karalynn is not practicing law she enjoys long runs, gardening, and spending time with her family. Many people do not know that one of her first jobs was working at Walmart and she is practicing to run her first marathon.