Senior Associate Attorney
Jonelle enjoys taking on challenges and thinking outside the box to problem-solve on behalf of her clients. Implementing unique and flexible solutions to resolve complex problems is the key to her success. She values her clients and their ideas; it is her mission to partner with them in constructing creative, cost-effective solutions together.
Jonelle Oldacre is a Senior Associate Attorney with The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC. Jonelle earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Oklahoma in 2004, and her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law in 2009. She is currently licensed to practice law in Texas and California. Before joining The Cromeens Law Firm, Jonelle served as a sole practitioner and was an associate attorney with Hill & Hill, P.C. and Baker & Associates; both located in Houston, TX. She was a finalist in the Galloway Moot Court Competition (Spring 2007) and won Best Appellate Brief in her Appellate Advocacy Course (Fall 2007). During law school, Jonelle interned at the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office in the Juvenile Dependency Unit and the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office. She also served as Vice President of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund and the Black Law Student Association. Currently, at The Cromeens Law Firm, she focuses on practicing construction, business, and real estate law. Jonelle regularly represents owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers in a variety of legal matters including mechanic’s liens, construction defects, contract negotiation, performance and payment bonds, and collections. Jonelle is also a certified mediator and enjoys crafting creative and cost-effective solutions for clients.
“As an attorney, I take great pride in partnering with clients to formulate practical strategies to accomplish their goals. This often involves employing unique and flexible solutions to resolve complex problems. Ultimately, helping individuals and organizations resolve disputes and grow their business strengthens our community, which is the cornerstone of why I practice at The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC.”
– Jonelle Oldacre
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Business law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Negotiated multimillion-dollar commercial construction contracts.
- Drafted master subcontract agreements for Texas operations for large general contractors.
- Obtained judgment removing $84,000 lien and successfully negotiated release of tenant improvement allowance for large commercial tenants.
Education and Bar Admissions:
Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
J.D. – 2009
University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
B.A. – 2004
- Texas, 2010
- California, 2009
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Won Best Appellate Brief in her Appellate Advocacy Course (Fall 2007) – Santa Clara University School of Law
- Finalist in the Galloway Moot Court Competition (Spring 2007) – Santa Clara University School of Law
- Construction Risk Management Basics
- Indemnification Clause Basics
- Understanding Commercial General Liability Policies
- Understanding Indemnification Clauses
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- Sigma Gamma Rho
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- Blue Book Network
- Coating Society of Houston
- Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio
- Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- Texas Association of Builders
You May Not Know:
When Jonelle is not practicing law, she enjoys gardening and spending time with family and friends; she was raised in Southern California and Oklahoma City, and only watches football when the Sooners are playing.