Is there anything scarier than not understanding your contracts and what you are signing?
Attorney, and best-selling Author, Karalynn Cromeens, will teach you what you need to be aware of in your contracts. You will find examples of what different clauses look like, how to negotiate those clauses and your contracts, and what you can eliminate from those clauses to protect yourself and your business. She will educate you on the dangers of termination for convenience as well as certain payment terms. Karalynn will also do a little story telling on horror stories from contractors’ past and deep dive into everything that is expected of you to provide an OSHA-approved work environment for your employees. Your business depends on your knowledge of these important topics and how to be preventive and protect yourself against the dangers of signing a contract that you don’t fully understand and having the correct terms in place to protect your business.
This program will cover contract documents in regards to:
- Bid & Scope
- Change Orders
- Payment Terms
- Defaults & Termination
- When Uncontrollable Things Happen
- Rising Cost of Material Prices
- Vaccine Mandates from the Government + OSHA Guidelines
11a.m. – Networking
11:30 – Lunch
Noon – Program
To get the member discounted price, members must first sign in using the “Member Login” at the top right of the website. If you are a member and the member rate is not presented at login, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
$50 per person / on or before November 10
$60 per person / after November 10
$70 per person / on or before November 10
$80 per person / after November 10
- American Subcontractors Association – Houston Chapter reserves the right to cancel any event due to insufficient enrollment or instructor illness. In the event an event is cancelled, we will contact guests by telephone and arrange for refunds and/or credits.
- You may cancel your registration for an event up to 6 calendar days prior to the date of the event and receive a 100% refund.
- No credit or refund will be issued to any registration cancelled less than 6 calendar days prior to the event date unless, however, you may send someone in your place.