Mariah Grayson works diligently each day to ensure that her clients are receiving the legal support they deserve. Mariah is dependable, determined, and is known for her diligent efforts to perform well. She is a believer of “if there is a will, there is a way” and lives by this every single day when providing her clients with quality representation.
Mariah Grayson is an Associate Attorney for The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC. Mariah graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Political Science from the University of Houston, before attending the Thurgood Marshall School of Law, where she received her Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree in 2020. Thereafter, Mariah continued to use her abilities to uplift voices that needed a little extra help.
Mariah has a history of working in public service. After she passed the bar, she helped with pandemic relief efforts at the Texas Workforce Commission. Later, Mariah moved on to help individuals with disabilities who were denied compensation by the government. She fought against judges at the Social Security Administration to get her clients the help they desperately needed.
The thing that sets Mariah apart from other attorneys is her warmth. She strives to go into every situation with genuineness and kindness. She is a firm believer that those attributes are necessary when you are representing someone in a legal matter.
“My main reason for becoming an attorney was to help people, which is why when I initially began my legal career in 2020, helping people receive unemployment pandemic relief at the Texas Workforce Commission was my focus. Fighting against injustices that hard working individuals endure is my passion. I’m so thankful to be a part of The Cromeens Law Firm team, where we fight tooth and nail for our clients’ rights.”
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Business law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Negotiated multimillion-dollar commercial construction contracts.
- Drafted master subcontract agreements for Texas operations for large general contractors.
- Obtained judgment removing $84,000 lien and successfully negotiated release of tenant improvement allowance for large commercial tenants.
Education and Bar Admissions:
Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
J.D. – 2020
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
B.A. – 2016
- Texas, 2022
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA), Houston Chapter
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association (RHCA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Houston Chapter
- Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Texas Association of Builders (TAB)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Texas
- National Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- The Blue Book Network – Powered by Dodge Construction Network
You May Not Know:
When Mariah is not practicing law, she loves to travel, experience new cultures, try new restaurants, and spend time with family and friends. She has also worked in all three levels of the government; locally at Houston’s City Hall, at the state level at The Texas Capitol in Austin, and nationally at the House of Representatives in Washington, DC.