Houston native, Kelly Stamy, is fiercely focused on tailoring creative solutions to everyone she works with. The care she gives her clients is transparent in the way she is committed to helping them identify and achieve their goals. Her commitment to her clients is evident in her willingness to build strong, lasting relationships with them.
Kelly Stamy was born and raised in Houston Texas and is an associate attorney at the Cromeens Law Firm. Kelly attended Houston Baptist University for her undergraduate degree, and shortly after attended South Texas College of Law in 2015. She became licensed to practice in the Southern District of Texas by taking the Texas State Bar. Kelly previously worked for Fiddler & Associates, P.C. where she received practice in employment disputes, wage/hour disputes, and representing businesses. Upon joining The Cromeens Law Firm and becoming an associate attorney, she typically represents homeowners against builders; works on residential construction liability cases, contract disputes, and lien cases.
“I believe in finding efficient, effective, and creative solutions that are customized to each company’s mission, goals, and values. I work hard for every client; I take on all cases in a proactive manner so that each client can run their business without having to worry about any legal issues. They can be assured that we have them covered.”
– Kelly Stamy
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Collected millions of dollars for subcontractors and material suppliers before and through litigation.
- Filed more than a thousand lawsuits to foreclose or remove mechanic’s liens, with several of those being tried to a jury.
- Defended hundreds of subcontractors when they have been sued on their subcontract.
- Reviewed numerous subcontracts, and advised subcontractors on changes and negotiated better terms on their behalf.
- Managed to build a thriving, growing, and diverse firm that is focused on the subcontractor and construction litigation from the ground up.
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law (Both Residential and Construction)
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour Law
- Real Estate/Property Law
- Represented a general contractor to remove or settle liens filed on multiple properties because a subcontractor stopped paying its suppliers.
- Represented multiple homeowners in disputes with the builder regarding construction defects on their home.
- Drafted tailored employment documents including employment contracts, employee handbooks, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, and non-solicitation agreements.
- Reviewed business’s pay practices to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
Education and Bar Admissions:
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
J.D. – 2015
Honors: Top 30%
- Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
B.A. – 2012
- Texas, 2016
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Common Safety Terms in Construction Contracts
- Safety Statutes Outside of Your Contract You Need to be Aware of
- Building Worker Safety into Your Practices
- The Relationship Between Worker Safety and Indemnification Clauses
- Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus!
- How To Protect Your Business in a Post-Coronavirus World – 5/21/2020
- Safety Terms Webinar – 5/20/2020
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- National Association of Minority Contractors, Houston Chapter
- Houston Contractors Association
- Blue Book Network
- Greater Houston Procurement Forum
- Texas Glass Association
- Fire Sprinkler Contractors Association of Texas
- Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association of San Antonio
You May Not Know:
When Kelly is not busy helping clients, she likes to read about intelligence agencies, military history, run, and work out. She is also currently working towards running her first half-marathon!