Senior Associate Attorney
Bringing peace and resolution to her clients, Ieshia Dunmore takes pride in her cases and exhibits a strong will to win. Ieshia is focused and determined to serve the needs of her clients and always has a heart to help others in need. She cares about her clients, her community, and is dedicated to her practice.
Ieshia Dunmore is a Senior Associate Attorney with The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC. She attended the University of Texas at San Antonio and obtained an undergraduate degree in political science with a minor in public speaking. She is a graduate of St. Mary’s School of Law and has been a practicing attorney in the State of Texas since 2012. Ieshia worked as a solo practitioner at The Dunmore Law Firm, PLLC, which had a primary focus on personal injury, family law, and general civil litigation. With this position, she typically represented parties who had been injured in auto accidents, slip-and-fall type accidents, and also parties seeking a divorce, child support, or child custody. She remained there until 2018 when she commenced practice at The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC, where Ieshia now mainly represents contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners. These cases generally involve contract disputes, enforcement of mechanics liens, breaches of warranty, or construction defects. With the bulk of her experience as a trial litigator, with a focus on litigation strategy and case trial prep, Ieshia has successfully represented over 200 clients and first-chaired more than 15 non-jury cases and one jury case to judgment, and has served as lead counsel in over 75 civil evidentiary hearings. Ieshia assures that she keeps clients regularly updated with the status of their cases, and gives them clear insight to their probabilities of success at each stage in litigation, which leads to lasting attorney-client relationships, referrals, and continued business.
“At a young age, I always knew that I wanted a career that allowed me to help others in need. The legal profession provides a rewarding environment that makes me apply my mental acuity to assist those in difficult situations. It brings me great pleasure and satisfaction to bring peace and resolution to my clients who might be experiencing stress due to their legal situation.”
– Ieshia Dunmore
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Business law
- Construction Law
- Contracts Law
- Real Estate Law
- Currently acts as general counsel for several contractors; clients include small local businesses, mid-level companies, and contractors with multimillion-dollar revenues. As acting general counsel I handle drafting, reviewing, and advising on all contract documents and disputes.
- Has represented a property owner against rogue contractors by contesting and successfully removing over a million dollars in invalid liens.
- Has represented multiple subcontractors disputing delay in payment, non-payment, and back-charges from general contractors.
- Has successfully assisted many subcontractors in protecting their interest.
- Has prevented disputes by drafting subcontract agreements and invoices that adequately protect their interests and negotiating contracts with general contractors that initially can be very restrictive towards the subcontractors involved.
Education and Bar Admissions:
Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
J.D. – 2012
Honors: Top 30%
University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas
B.A. – 2008
- Texas, 2012
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Understanding Dispute Resolutions
- The Facts About Mediation
- The Big L Word
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Plan, Prepare, and Respond to Coronavirus!
- How To Protect Your Business in a Post-Coronavirus World – 5/21/2020
- Dispute Resolutions Webinar – 4/15/2020
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- Blue Book Network
- Coating Society of Houston
- Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio
- Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- Texas Association of Builders
You May Not Know:
When Ieshia is not practicing law, she enjoys tennis, fishing, cooking, and spending time with family and friends. She was raised by a military family in San Antonio, Texas and is a graduate of William Howard Taft High School in San Antonio.