Lead Senior Associate Attorney
Intelligent, experienced, and relatable, Courtney is a breath of fresh air in the construction field of law. Fighting for the underdog is paramount in her practice. As a passionate advocate for her clients, she fights for their business, their opportunities, and most importantly, their families who depend on them.
Courtney Stricklen is the Lead Senior Associate Attorney and Legal Compliance and Strategy Specialist. Courtney oversees The Cromeens Law Firms’ large team of associate attorneys and legal support staff. Courtney was born and raised in Houston, Texas, and currently lives in Missouri City with her husband and three daughters. She received her undergraduate degree in English from the University of Houston, and her Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law. She taught English for seven years in the Alief Independent School District before committing to law full-time. She is currently licensed in the state of Texas and has been litigating since 2014. She has recently been appointed as a member of the State Bar of Texas’s Diversity in the Profession Committee. Courtney takes a vested interest in getting to know her clients, their business, and their goals. She fosters lasting relationships with her clients, who range from business owners to individual homeowners, helping them with various construction and business law matters.
“I believe in the fight for the underdog. I believe everyone should have the opportunity to have someone fight for them, who, for whatever reason, can’t do it for themselves. Advocating for my clients and their businesses can bring peace of mind, and put food on the table for many who depend on the business to thrive. I do what I do because I am a passionate advocate for the rights of those who feel they have been taken advantage of.”
– Courtney Stricklen
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Collected millions of dollars for subcontractors and material suppliers before and through litigation.
- Filed more than a thousand lawsuits to foreclose or remove mechanic’s liens, with several of those being tried to a jury.
- Defended hundreds of subcontractors when they have been sued on their subcontract.
- Reviewed numerous subcontracts, and advised subcontractors on changes and negotiated better terms on their behalf.
- Managed to build a thriving, growing, and diverse firm that is focused on the subcontractor and construction litigation from the ground up.
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Negotiated multimillion-dollar commercial construction contracts.
- Drafted master subcontract agreements for Texas operations for large general contractors.
- Represented multiple general contractors in drafting master subcontract agreements.
- Acted as counsel for multimillion-dollar construction and remediation companies.
- Represented individuals regarding lien foreclosures and lien removal.
- Represented homeowners in residential construction litigation.
Education and Bar Admissions:
- South Texas College of Law Houston
J.D. – 2013
- University of Houston
B.A. – 2008
- Texas, 2014
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Courtney has recently been appointed as a member of the State Bar of Texas’s Diversity in the Profession Committee.
- Collections, Contract Negotiations, Employment Issues, Liens – Protect Yourself! – 1/30/2020
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- National Association of Minority Contractors, Houston Chapter
- Houston Contractors Association
- Blue Book Network
- Greater Houston Procurement Forum
- Texas Glass Association
- Fire Sprinkler Contractors Association of Texas
- Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association of San Antonio