“I believe that people spend most of their life in the workplace, and their rights there should be protected. I enjoy helping businesses grow and defending employers in employment issues. My representation is honest, straight forward, and hands-on. I pride myself on helping my clients relay their personal objectives to get a favorable resolution in their situations.”
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Real Estate Law
- Collected millions of dollars for subcontractors and material suppliers before and through litigation.
- Filed more than a thousand lawsuits to foreclose or remove mechanic’s liens, with several of those being tried to a jury.
- Defended hundreds of subcontractors when they have been sued on their subcontract.
- Reviewed numerous subcontracts, and advised subcontractors on changes and negotiated better terms on their behalf.
- Managed to build a thriving, growing, and diverse firm that is focused on the subcontractor and construction litigation from the ground up.
Representative Experience & Areas of Practice
Areas of Practice
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
- Business Formation
- Represented client in a large constructive discharge case.
- Represented multiple business owners in contract drafting, negotiation and contract management.
- Drafted, reviewed, and advised business owners in formation and development of handbook.
- Advised business owners on a variety of employment issues including violations of wage and hour practices, discrimination and workers comp.
Education and Bar Admissions:
California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
J.D. – 2018
Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
B.A. – 2015
- Texas, 2019
Published Works, Honors, and Awards:
- Panelist on Entrepreneurs Guide to Building During Quarantine
Professional & Community Affiliations:
- Hope City Church
- Downtown Legal Group
- American Subcontractors Association, Houston Chapter
- Blue Book Network
- Coating Society of Houston
- Hispanic Contractors Association de San Antonio
- Home Builders Association of Greater Austin
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association
- Texas Association of Builders
You May Not Know:
When Akunna is not practicing law, she enjoys traveling, listening to music, spending time with family and friends, and trying new restaurants.